BPATS | Workshop Levels
These are some general guidelines for skill level of our workshop and classes.
- Absolute Beginners/Beginners
The Absolute Beginners/Beginners course is a series of workshops suited for absolute
beginners and beginners who have made the transition from a novice. This is also suitable
for dancers who wish to review the fundamentals.
- Absolute Beginners (No previous experience is required)
- Beginners (Expected to have upto 3 months of class and workshop participation)
- All are welcome with or without partner
The Improver/Intermediate workshops cover a wide range of experience levels. This is also suitable for beginners or dancers who wish to review the fundamentals.
- A minimum of six months of regular instructions.
- Comfortable (with partner) in close and open embrace.
- Good navigation skills and solid balance.
- Ability to Listen, move, react and dance to the music.
- Lead or follow many basic tango figures (such as Barridas, Boleos, Ganchos etc.)
The Intermediate/Advanced workshops are intended for more experienced dancers
Every series focuses on different elements and new ways of putting these elements
- A minimum of 1.5 years and regular attendance of classes/ milongas
- Meet all the requirements of the Improver/Intermediate level described above
- Able to move, react and dance to the popular tango songs/orchestras.
- Familiar with all the basic tango steps (walking, ochos, turns, barridas, boleos, sacadas, ganchos)
- Can lead or follow more challenging variations of the main tango figures
- Understand steps by watching and then working them out with your partner
- Starting to improvise your dance, concentrating on musicality and connection with your partner.
- Able to dance in and adapt to a variety of dance floor conditions.
- Advance - Level 4
The advanced workshops are intended for very advanced social dancers. It is assumed that
you have a very high level of skill and will not slow down the class or partner. The main focus is
on creativity and improvisation.
- Have 3+ years of class and workshop participation
- Able to execute a figure without having to see it demonstrated
- Fluent and comfortable with tango steps.
- Concerned with developing your dancing through improvisation, musicality and
connection with your partner.
- Can execute tango figures as well as able to explain the mechanism and